Join the first part of the HR Management Series which will focus to discuss Manpower Planning and Recruitment!
The organization should always be prepared to have the necessary talents to man all positions for smooth operations. Staffing or employee acquisition is an important step in ensuring that the organization have the kind of employees they need.
- Situate manpower planning and recruitment in the overall Strategic Staffing function
- Understand the importance of manpower plans and the key consideration in preparing these plans
- Identify relevant applicant attraction strategies
- Determine impact of current selection methods to determine the applicant's fit to the job, organization, work unit, and culture.
- Strategic Staffing and its components
- Relationship between Strategic Planning and Manpower Planning
- Key steps in Manpower Planning
- Manpower Planning Failures: Labor Shortage or Labor Surplus
- Options for Handling Expected Labor Shortage or Labor Surplus
- Sourcing: Identifying Recruits
- Recruitment Sources: Internal and External Sources
- Developing Applicant Attraction Strategies
- Practical Implication of Recruiting Research Findings
- Selection: Assessing External Candidates
These short sessions may serve as refresher courses for HR leaders and specialists as well as operating managers and supervisors who will benefit in understanding the HR functions and processes affecting their operations. All these sessions will have pre-work assignment so that the session may be made more relevant to the participants. Short exercises and workshops will be done to reinforce the learning process.