One of the ways for the business to succeed is to ensure that there are adequate internal controls in the organization. Internal controls are the physical elements, policies, and procedures aimed to safeguard the company assets; promote operational efficiency; check the reliability of accounting data; and encourage adherence to policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
At the end of the 2-part session, the participants shall be able to:
- Understand the meaning and importance of internal controls; and
- Know the different internal control activities/procedures and apply the same in the workplace to ensure the sustainability of the business.
- What is Internal Control?
- The Importance of Internal Controls
- Types of Internal Controls
- Preventive Controls
- Detective Controls
- Preventive AND Detective Controls
- Internal Control Framework
- Components of an Internal Control Framework
- How Internal Controls Work
- Activity 1: What are Your Internal Control Activities
- 40+ Internal Control Activities / Procedures
- Activity 2: Case Analysis